2002 lincoln LS check advancetrac always on

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dasan

dasan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

I drive a 02 Lincoln LS, the check advancetrac always "light" (if you will) is always on.
also its almost like a running out of gas feeling, when on the accelerator there are short pauses in the power.kinda like a pulsing feeling.
what could this be? I called up to a Ford shop they said they would look at it for 90 bucks.

#2 Beard

Beard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, bicycling and motorcycle building

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:16 PM

Sounds like a possibility of a bad fuel filter. If it was a misfire, it would throw a P0300-P0306 code and possibly even a P042x code.

CRIME CONTROL, NOT GUN CONTROL!!

Any Duramax diesel questions? Ask me I may have an answer

ASE Master

GM / Duramax Master

Associates in Business Management

Associates in Advanced Automotive Technology

#3 dasan

dasan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:24 PM

Sounds like a possibility of a bad fuel filter. If it was a misfire, it would throw a P0300-P0306 code and possibly even a P042x code.

how would that explain the advancetrac light?

#4 Karrpilot

Karrpilot

STAFF

• Staff
  • 5,389 posts
  • Interests:Ex Ford Tech 22 years.

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:12 AM

On the Ford end of it, usually the traction control gets deactivated when there is a problem. And just the idiot light comes on.

However, i do remember some early systems doing a falsh activation at certain times. Like when running up the drive wheels on a lift. The computer saw the other 2 wheels not doing anything, and tried to apply the brakes to the drive wheels to stop the vehicle.

You will need to get the vehicle looked at and the codes pulled to figure out what is going wrong. And i am sure the repairs will not be cheap.

No longer working at dealerships. Government employee. Now i get paid to fix Fords.
ASE master tech
Private Pilot High Performance / Complex Rating.

#5 dasan

dasan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:39 AM

On the Ford end of it, usually the traction control gets deactivated when there is a problem. And just the idiot light comes on.

However, i do remember some early systems doing a falsh activation at certain times. Like when running up the drive wheels on a lift. The computer saw the other 2 wheels not doing anything, and tried to apply the brakes to the drive wheels to stop the vehicle.

You will need to get the vehicle looked at and the codes pulled to figure out what is going wrong. And i am sure the repairs will not be cheap.

is there anyway i could test this? or is there somewhere else i could go to get the car hooked to a computer?
95bucks just to say "well there your problem" is kind of ridiculous.

#6 Beard

Beard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, bicycling and motorcycle building

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

how would that explain the advancetrac light?

I don't know. I think I was drunk or something when I posted this......

Sorry man :(

CRIME CONTROL, NOT GUN CONTROL!!

Any Duramax diesel questions? Ask me I may have an answer

ASE Master

GM / Duramax Master

Associates in Business Management

Associates in Advanced Automotive Technology

#7 frdman06gt

frdman06gt

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:26 AM

The Advance Trac system is part of the ABS system, if there's a problem with a wheel speed sensor, that could trigger the light. Also I believe there is a steering angle sensor which helps the computer determine what the car is doing, that sensor could cause the light to come on as well. You need to get the codes from the ABS computer to know where to look for the problem. If the code is for a specific sensor, you need to check to make sure the tone ring is in place properly and inspect the wiring for that sensor, as long as those checks don't reveal an issue, it would be a faulty sensor.

I know that Autozone can pull engine codes, but I don't know if their scanners are capable of getting ABS system codes, especially on the newer systems that have traction and stability control built in. It might be worth a shot to try though. Just make sure to use a Ford part if one of the sensors is faulty though.

Just so you know, the 90 bucks at the dealer is a pretty much standard charge for diagnosing an ABS or Advance Trac problem, the hourly rate is probably 90/hr so they want 1 hour labor for diagnosis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users