21 replies to this topic

#21 Karrpilot

Karrpilot

STAFF

• Staff
  • 5,490 posts
  • Interests:Ex Ford Tech 22 years.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

Yes, one does have to screw up to learn something. But most of those screw ups should have been learned in a classroom. On junked donor vehicles. That is where i got my start. With an instructor looking over me.

An apprentice doing trans work, without any supervision? I don't think medical students do work like that. Well, i certainly would hope not. That is why they grab stiffs from the morgue.

Continued come backs, screw ups, and vehicle damage will eventually result in an empty shop. Word of mouth travels fast. Nothing will kill a service department faster than half assed work. Or a gouging sales staff. But that can be another thread.

It took me 3 visits to get my head liner replaced. When i got it back, the rear view mirror fell off in my hand when i went to adjust it. Any wonder the For Sale sign was put up in front of their store a year after i bought my ride?

No longer working at dealerships. Government employee. Now i get paid to fix Fords.
ASE master tech
Private Pilot High Performance / Complex Rating.

#22 bartprince

bartprince

Advanced Member

• Inner Circle Member
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Yes, one does have to screw up to learn something. But most of those screw ups should have been learned in a classroom. On junked donor vehicles. That is where i got my start. With an instructor looking over me.

An apprentice doing trans work, without any supervision? I don't think medical students do work like that. Well, i certainly would hope not. That is why they grab stiffs from the morgue.

Continued come backs, screw ups, and vehicle damage will eventually result in an empty shop. Word of mouth travels fast. Nothing will kill a service department faster than half assed work. Or a gouging sales staff. But that can be another thread.

It took me 3 visits to get my head liner replaced. When i got it back, the rear view mirror fell off in my hand when i went to adjust it. Any wonder the For Sale sign was put up in front of their store a year after i bought my ride?

i know that feeling...our senior tech told me that it used to be like 300+hrs a month now down to barely 160hrs a month.

management feel that it would be ok to push upon good worker when idiots can't do it...

i have a feeling it will be soon enough for that empty shop . that apprentice working without supervision is stupid...another guy moved up from lube rack almost journeymen but, stupid things done wrong all the time. when an apprentice with no exposure to basic...how can you know what you doing? I always ask him...why do you what you do?...his repsonds...i don't know...so and so told me to do that...i laughed and tell him to find out why he is doing what and how he does them....

mockery from idiots like that all day long to give you anger issue...

i will just give chance by monday or tuesday for honda but, i think it would pretty much it for me to stay at mopar...such a negative place keep you focused...no matter how much money they give you i don't care...too much stress for too little money...

p.s. they just forge so much paperwork even for apprentice's stuff..they will forge saying they did such and such training but, in reality...even 15+ year mechanic with no brain or understanding...sad reality in that shop...i didn't know about their situation until i started working there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users