Photo

Oh gracious Honda warranty times cut again.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TheImportguy

TheImportguy

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

http://detnews.com/a...s#ixzz1U9l3vkCf Honda and yet another recall, do they just throw cars together and then do recalls to fix all the stupid sh*t they screwed up when engineering the car? Sorry but I am just venting as I am so annoyed by the constant warranty work. At any rate, my rant is mostly about the change to warranty times for "software recalls". ALL software updates USED to be .3 Honda recently forced all dealers to start carrying a new interface device called the MVCI. It is used as an interface for the laptop so you have a scan tool (supposedly wirelessly but of course ours requires a USB tether to work). The MVCI can also be used as a stand-alone software update device for reflashing the PCM. Where am I going with this... At any rate HONDA went back and changed the bulletin for software updates and CUT the time, as if .3 was cheap. Now it is .2 So I am wondering. When are these skin flint car companies going to start paying in the hundreths for warranty work. " HELL .2 is too much time, let`s pay .09 for our software updates"....

#2 fullsizeblazin

fullsizeblazin

Screwed by Car Dealers

• Members
  • 3,069 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Dirt and street. Spreading the truth about Stealerships
    Since the automotive industry killed my interest in cars,...

Life is hard. It's even Harder if you're stupid.

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:36 PM

It's very possible. Tech pay gets less and less. Do you have to look up your own labor ops too? The Honda dealer I worked at made you look up your own labor ops for the warranty administrator. So that was yet another job to do.. For free. Honda had one of the worst warranty times I have ever seen. They were the first company I've seen that only pays 0.1 for repairs. Fucking cheap bastards, their product quality is going down the shitter too. Almost comparable to a Ford now.

#3 TheImportguy

TheImportguy

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

It's very possible. Tech pay gets less and less. Do you have to look up your own labor ops too? The Honda dealer I worked at made you look up your own labor ops for the warranty administrator. So that was yet another job to do.. For free. Honda had one of the worst warranty times I have ever seen. They were the first company I've seen that only pays 0.1 for repairs. Fucking cheap bastards, their product quality is going down the shitter too. Almost comparable to a Ford now.

Oh yes they very much request that we write down the labor ops on the paperwork so the "poor warranty authorization lady" doesn`t have to look them up. I SERIOUSLY think there should be a labor op for LOOKING UP labor ops. The way ISIS is set up is completely backwards and idiotic - you can easily spend 15 minutes looking for a labor op on a warranty job.

I have another warranty job I have noticed where the skinflint F__ks have been cheaping out...POWER steering pumps on the odysseys. Originally it was 1.2 warranty time, mind you this was generous for once from Honda. Trust me, it didn`t last long.

New bulletin, updated warranty time.... was .6 a year ago.

Guess what? Recently updated the odyssey power steering bulletin. Now it is .3!

I filled a complaint on ISIS. I can only image what happens with complaints filed...They probably laugh and then delete the complaint or just completely delete it without reading.

I am really begining to HATE Honda, when my friends ask for recommendations for a Honda I tell them to go buy a Subaru. The build quality is poor, engineering is poor, gas milage overall...poor. I can`t recommend these piece of shit cars to anyone...unless it was something built pre 2000. NEWER civic blocks that are porous and leak coolant out of them, awesome.

#4 zackm58941

zackm58941

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

quick side bar kinda off track, last shop .07 for a suspected brake light out, ha! in the garbage.

#5 Techniker

Techniker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

4 minutes to change a brake light?! HAHAHAHAHA

#6 fullsizeblazin

fullsizeblazin

Screwed by Car Dealers

• Members
  • 3,069 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Dirt and street. Spreading the truth about Stealerships
    Since the automotive industry killed my interest in cars,...

Life is hard. It's even Harder if you're stupid.

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

Oh yes they very much request that we write down the labor ops on the paperwork so the "poor warranty authorization lady" doesn`t have to look them up. I SERIOUSLY think there should be a labor op for LOOKING UP labor ops. The way ISIS is set up is completely backwards and idiotic - you can easily spend 15 minutes looking for a labor op on a warranty job.

I have another warranty job I have noticed where the skinflint F__ks have been cheaping out...POWER steering pumps on the odysseys. Originally it was 1.2 warranty time, mind you this was generous for once from Honda. Trust me, it didn`t last long.

New bulletin, updated warranty time.... was .6 a year ago.

Guess what? Recently updated the odyssey power steering bulletin. Now it is .3!

I filled a complaint on ISIS. I can only image what happens with complaints filed...They probably laugh and then delete the complaint or just completely delete it without reading.

I am really begining to HATE Honda, when my friends ask for recommendations for a Honda I tell them to go buy a Subaru. The build quality is poor, engineering is poor, gas milage overall...poor. I can`t recommend these piece of shit cars to anyone...unless it was something built pre 2000. NEWER civic blocks that are porous and leak coolant out of them, awesome.

Or how about the 18 digit DTC you have to build BEFORE you can do a warranty alignment. 1.2 to drive the car more than 3 times, while swapping tires around measuring the steering off center with the paper gauge and adjusting the steering wheel center without a machine, (four letter word) that! I always liked Honda because their reliability and ease to work on. Until I did my appearance at a Honda store. Less than shit warranty times, new pilot, ridgeline, odyssey warranty cluster fucks... God forbid a warranty administrator do their own fucking job. Everyone of them are worthless. I hated how Honda had 256 web base training modules and it grew everyday, yet we didn't get paid for them. I really don't miss working at the Honda store. The customers bought work, but all of the bullshit wasn't worth it. I thought the grass was going to be really green there, but I was wrong. I cant believe the amount of free shit you have to do for Honda. The odyssey power steering pumps was the only flickering hope for gravy. But I am not surprised that they f'd up everyone on that. (four letter word) honda

#7 Techniker

Techniker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

So let me get this right...Honda pays for a PS pump replacement the same as an oil change? Insanity.

#8 TheImportguy

TheImportguy

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

So let me get this right...Honda pays for a PS pump replacement the same as an oil change? Insanity.

Old post, but this place is slow anway. Actually an oil change at our so called "dealer" is .4....so technically it is less...

#9 TheImportguy

TheImportguy

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

I hated how Honda had 256 web base training modules and it grew everyday, yet we didn't get paid for them.

I think it is more now. I gave up taking them. The wanted me to go for training to the tech center...I basically told them no, they signed me up anyway. Luckily my "class" was full so I didn`t have to waste 4 days on complete bullshit. Eating bread and water for 4 days because administration doesn`t pay for food while over there.

WE do not get paid for them...You know who does? HONDA of course! They charge the service department and send them a bill monthly every time a tech passes a test....AWESOME HUH? GO HONDA!

#10 iTech

iTech

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

you know, I wonder if all manufactures employ the same people to create these warranty repair times. GM is no different! .3 .2 to replace a seat track .7! replace cooling fan .3! (even with moving turbo charger pipes and all)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users