99 Accord vtec problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tutbutt

tutbutt

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:12 PM

I have a 99 Accord 2.3l with Vtec It is running like c**p and I have several codes. One of the codes is P1259 Vtec problem, the other codes are misfires and A/F problems. Car barely runs especially at idle speeds. I'm thinking that the Vtec is trying to do its thing when it should not be, new vtec solenoid? Is the vtec oil prssure switch part of the solenoid or seperate? Any suggestions would be fantastic.

#2 CTYankeeboy

CTYankeeboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:God, Wife and kids and cars

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:36 PM

P1259 is almost always set because the engine is low on oil. This is usually the first thing to check with this code. If it has oil in the engine, I would replace the entire Vtec spool valve assembly to eliminate any internal problems with the valve. It sounds like it may be missing at idle. What condition are the plugs and wires in? I would strongly recommend checking and replacing the wires with factory only wires and NGK standard plugs. OEM only on this engine. A/F codes are almost always the o2 sensors. Make sure that you know which o2 sensor to replace so you are not replacing the wrong one. Hit me up with any other questions. Craig
<a href="http://www.CARMandP.com" target="_blank">CAR Maintenance and Performance</a>
ASE Master Technician
L1 Master
Honda Platinum Certification 2003

#3 dave08

dave08

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:59 PM

I agree with Mr. CTYankeeboy also, aside from checking all your sensors and computer, cleaning the fuel rods and throttle body may help
'Anybody who doesn't cut his speed at the sight of a police car is probably parked.'
my modded 1998 Honda Civic:
16 valve, dohc i-vtec;2.4 litre; 205hp
metalic silverpaint interior
KYB Agx adjustable shock absorber
Lakewood 50/50 street ad strip series shock absorber
tires are 205/40/R17
black mag white a chrome lips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users