• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Treslayr

Treslayr

Saving Myself from the World!!!

• Inner Circle Member
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:50 PM

As stated above a friend of mine has a 1996 Honda Accord 1.4 (not the V-tech) 25th Anniversary Edition. He carried it to Autozone before he took it to the Honda dealership. The code they retrieved was 1381. Sometimes it cranks fine other times it is difficult to crank. Some days it does not crank at all. The Honda dealership replaced the Distributor and sent him home. The car repeated problems next day and he called and relayed the problems to the Service manager. He returned it and after pulling their hair they are clueless. They did say they were on the hotline to Honda and they suggested removing the camshaft and having it miked to see if it has unusual wear. They do not even have the micrometers to check it and will have to send it to a machine shop. He told them no. He is not financing their experimenting on his car. I told him I would give you guys the info and ask the experts. Well experts? What do yall think? Thanks for looking and seeing if you can help... He did notice they had a big turnover and most of the guys in the shop were real young... think this is a trend? Anyway your help will certainly be appreciated
David Lomas
Proud supporter of hydafl and his quest for defeating cancer!
Your donations page is here for those wishing to go make a donation
Hydafl's thread to keep up with his training
-----------------------------------------------------------
Born nude, helpless, and unable to provide for himself, David Lomas eventually overcame these obstacles to become the mighty Treslayr (Tree Slayer). *short pause for music* Befriended by automotive techs across the globe who have been lied to and cheated by the manufacturers, he joins their cause to end the reign of terror of the scum sucking, shrimp dipping, glass house asses. Armed with a PC he wages war for fair and achievable SLTSs! Another Day at the Glasshouse

Anchor Bases for Highway Signs

#2 Treslayr

Treslayr

Saving Myself from the World!!!

• Inner Circle Member
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:54 AM

*silence* *somewhere in the distance crickets are chirping* :any-help:
David Lomas
Proud supporter of hydafl and his quest for defeating cancer!
Your donations page is here for those wishing to go make a donation
Hydafl's thread to keep up with his training
-----------------------------------------------------------
Born nude, helpless, and unable to provide for himself, David Lomas eventually overcame these obstacles to become the mighty Treslayr (Tree Slayer). *short pause for music* Befriended by automotive techs across the globe who have been lied to and cheated by the manufacturers, he joins their cause to end the reign of terror of the scum sucking, shrimp dipping, glass house asses. Armed with a PC he wages war for fair and achievable SLTSs! Another Day at the Glasshouse

Anchor Bases for Highway Signs

#3 greg's garage

greg's garage

STAFF

• Staff
  • 2,235 posts
  • Interests:All motor sports ,
    Cars,beer,women,sex,
    and rock and roll

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:12 AM

DTC P1381 indicates intermittent interruption in Cylinder Position (CYP) sensor circuit. DTC P1382 indicates no signal in CYP sensor circuit.

If they change the dist with out any change then its pretty clear they did not do
there diagnostic correctly, :paluszkiem:
You most probably have a harness problem or
even a pcm .I'll send you the test sheet .

David send me your email as the one i have will not let me send you any info
or get in contact with Dominick hes the honda man
Greg.
Edit by Greg or should i say craig he is the honda man that just works with honda
http://www.autotechn...p?showuser=8703
Indy shop owner!

LET US
GO FORWARD
TOGETHER
Winston Churchill

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Sir Winston Churchill

Life at its best, Dominican Republic.

With determination and will, you can do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users