12 replies to this topic

#1 Mike N

Mike N

Staff Member

• Staff
  • 1,207 posts
  • Interests:Drag racing, Bass guitar.

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:21 PM

Used to be a happening place..... now it's slower as the last few dealer service departments I've seen lately.

Sadly, I know that Saltmine and Jim Warman have gone to the big shop in the sky, but where is everyone else?? Also, who owns this site now and/or who is the community administrator??

Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races.
1981 Camaro. 10.30's@130 mph.

#2 Karrpilot

Karrpilot

STAFF

• Staff
  • 6,153 posts
  • Interests:Ex Ford Tech 22 years.

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

I am spending more time deleting spammers than I am reading anything on the forums or answering any questions.

If it wasn't for recalls and warranty work, the dealer service departments might just as well shut down. I can pretty much get the very same OEM parts off the internet for less than 1/2 the price of a dealer parts department. Even with paying the shipping charges. If I have the time to wait.

And since I inherited grand ma's car after she passed away, a spare vehicle insures that I certainly won't be without a ride, and I can wait for my parts to be delivered.

No longer working at dealerships. Government employee. Now i get paid to fix Fords.
ASE master tech
Private Pilot High Performance / Complex Rating.

#3 Mike N

Mike N

Staff Member

• Staff
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:05 AM

I noticed this thread has had 12 views and 1 response...... are the "views" coming from spammers??

I can't believe the amount of spam traffic we have here.... I have also been deleting them by the dozens.

#4 Ron W.

Ron W.

STAFF

• Staff
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:22 AM

Well you two must be doing a great job on the spam, as slow as this site is I'm surprised it's still here.

I still come here a few times a day but why I'm not sure .............

If you can do no good at least do no harm

Working in automotive since 1973, Ford from June of 1992 to October 2006
EX-Ford dealership employee.

#5 Karrpilot

Karrpilot

STAFF

• Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

If I had this much spam in a can, I wouldn't have to go to the grocery store for a year.)

No longer working at dealerships. Government employee. Now i get paid to fix Fords.
ASE master tech

#6 Cooters94

Cooters94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

i still stop by and check in every now and then, but usually nothing new to see. i think in general message boards of all kinds see less traffic as most people use facebook groups to post stuff. 

#7 Mike N

Mike N

Staff Member

• Staff
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

i think in general message boards of all kinds see less traffic as most people use facebook groups to post stuff.

I'm probably one of a few people that don't have a Fakebook account, or a smartphone. I still do shit the old school way...... heck, I even write checks to pay bills.

#8 ok44

ok44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, antique motorcycles, industrial machinery, guns, fishing and outdoors, guitars and music, and all things related to aviation.

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:05 PM

Just bumping this up to see if anyone besides me still has a pulse and has not assumed room temperature.  :-)

#9 Karrpilot

Karrpilot

STAFF

• Staff
  • 6,153 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:32 AM

I still check in from time to time. Mostly to delete the spam accounts. Lately this has been all I am doing here......(

ASE master tech

#10 Mike N

Mike N

Staff Member

• Staff
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:56 AM

Still here, deleting spam accounts as well. Amazing how many there are given the site's lack of traffic.

Would still like to know who owns this site now and/or who the "community administrator" is.....

#11 jrcoppo

jrcoppo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:11 AM

im at fault to, used to come here often when I was at dealership, standing around on Thursday knowing I only had 22 hours for the week.  it  gave me some kind of comfort to know that I wasn't alone. and gladly I must say that listening to you guys talking about getting out and fleet services, got me to looking at related fields . I am happy to say that for the past 2 years I have been working on handicap accessible cars and vans. pay isn't bad 23.00    hourly.....repeat hourly. not the best money I have ever made , but I know what im bringing home every week. not dealing with dealership politics,  and im actually able to make a budget now !!!    this is the first job I ever had that wasn't flat rape.....and its great !!!!     I can say that there was a time when I made great money at the dealer, and I never would have considered not working flat rate......but that was many moons ago.......and looking back I cant believe I spent 12 years still thinking I could get a good week. don't get me wrong every other month I might flag a 60 hour week.  but in hindsight how did I stay and change my thought process to maybe I will have a good week.......it used to not be that way,   I miss the people I worked with, not the job. funny thing is I loved what I did, its really sad that I can no longer afford to do it.  and when I left I watched my generation guys leave and newer young guys coming in at 14.00 a flat rate hour with a roll cart.......its almost comical to think how poor service has become. people coming back 6 times for the same problem and cant get it fixed.    and then they wonder why csi scores are so low.   wonder if the dealerships will ever figure that one out

#12 Beechkid

Beechkid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

Hi Guys!  FYI, IMHO, I very much respect you guys as the only site I know that has real people who actually work on cars and understand the frustration us shade-tree types go through............I guess I'm also showing my age since I was taught to take care of the things yourself......maintenance, repair, pride of ownership.

For those who recognize my name, here's a link of a few of our rides (the Mustang we still have) but the builds go back 20+ years...... 

http://home.earthlin...vich/index.html

Jeff

#13 fullsizeblazin

fullsizeblazin

Screwed by Car Dealers

• Members
  • 3,069 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Dirt and street. Spreading the truth about Stealerships
    Since the automotive industry killed my interest in cars,...

Life is hard. It's even Harder if you're stupid.

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:10 AM

im at fault to, used to come here often when I was at dealership, standing around on Thursday knowing I only had 22 hours for the week.  it  gave me some kind of comfort to know that I wasn't alone. and gladly I must say that listening to you guys talking about getting out and fleet services, got me to looking at related fields . I am happy to say that for the past 2 years I have been working on handicap accessible cars and vans. pay isn't bad 23.00    hourly.....repeat hourly. not the best money I have ever made , but I know what im bringing home every week. not dealing with dealership politics,  and im actually able to make a budget now !!!    this is the first job I ever had that wasn't flat rape.....and its great !!!!     I can say that there was a time when I made great money at the dealer, and I never would have considered not working flat rate......but that was many moons ago.......and looking back I cant believe I spent 12 years still thinking I could get a good week. don't get me wrong every other month I might flag a 60 hour week.  but in hindsight how did I stay and change my thought process to maybe I will have a good week.......it used to not be that way,   I miss the people I worked with, not the job. funny thing is I loved what I did, its really sad that I can no longer afford to do it.  and when I left I watched my generation guys leave and newer young guys coming in at 14.00 a flat rate hour with a roll cart.......its almost comical to think how poor service has become. people coming back 6 times for the same problem and cant get it fixed.    and then they wonder why csi scores are so low.   wonder if the dealerships will ever figure that one out

What company are you working for? You can PM me if you dont want it to be public.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users