• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 flat-rate-cash

flat-rate-cash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

anyone else have a bear of a time removing the transaxle from these... the other week i had one and the throw our bearing was stuck into the presure plate. after i got it out it looks like the presure plate that has another bearing in it with a ring that holds the throw out bearing to it... anyone have any tips on removing this ring? or anything like this? ive done a ton of cluches and this one was deffinatly a curve ball

#2 Saltmine

Saltmine

Advanced Member

• Inner Circle Member
  • 4,583 posts
  • Interests:Drunken sky-diving record holder, unlicensed gynecologist, dirt shark wrangler,
    Submarine racer, collector of obscure, impossibly complex machines.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Have fun with that one, Dude. The Japs don't think about the prospect of anybody having to actually repair one of their cars (when they leave the factory, they're perfect) No, I haven't heard of such a lash-up. But checking in on a Mitsubishi Eclipse web page would probably help....unless the whole site was populated with "rice grinder" morons.
Sam Will
Senior Tech, Vehicle Maintenance
Mohave County Public Works
Kingman, Arizona
Retired

40 years of training....wasted.

#3 flat-rate-cash

flat-rate-cash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

I did the job last week, i was seeing if there was a better way than what i did for the next time. I ended up pulling the presure plate peice out of the presure plate if you imagine how easy that was. Yea mitsu realy recreated the wheel on that cluch asembly

#4 meme

meme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:sure as hell isnt cars.....thats my job

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

I did the job last week, i was seeing if there was a better way than what i did for the next time. I ended up pulling the presure plate peice out of the presure plate if you imagine how easy that was.
Yea mitsu realy recreated the wheel on that cluch asembly

its a pull type clutch,there is an access hole,on bottom of trans ,u release the throw out bearing,with a long screwdriver.....between the collar.....i do them in three hours.....training rocks.

as for saltbag. japs design the shit,to be fixed,split alt brackets,access panels..your talking shit! domestic shit was built by ,D students.....like yourself....

for example F-body fuel pump

3.4 DOHC alt

intakes, all GM,FORD and moturds ..

trans all domestic junk

200k on jap trans, the equal, of 30k ,on domestic greedy,junk...

only speak of what you know, not what you hear.

#5 Saltmine

Saltmine

Advanced Member

• Inner Circle Member
  • 4,583 posts
  • Interests:Drunken sky-diving record holder, unlicensed gynecologist, dirt shark wrangler,

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

If that were the rule, we would never hear from you again, meme. Now go do your homework, or I'll tell your Mom you got detention again.
Sam Will
Kingman, Arizona
Retired

#6 PowerstrokeTech82787

PowerstrokeTech82787

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 902 posts
  • Interests:Dirt Oval racing, small block chevys, building hot rods. pretty women and fixing powerstrokes.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Jap cars are built to be taken apart eh? How come you need to pull the front seats out in a lexus to change an 02 sensor? Got the answer to that one smart shit? Hondas were built for kids like you who have a craftsman starter set and a UTI CERTIFICATE. Why would you bash your favorite line of cars i swear i saw you rocking a mullet with aviators, and a shirt that said MOPAR OR NO CAR while standing next to a Scamp or was it a 80s duster?.
Dave Didnt drive the longest lasting most dependable truck on the road... Dave drove a Ford. BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. If it werent for Fords, My tools would rust.
Yep, Im a Chevy Guy that works on Fords Mainly diesels.
In the famous words of Jerry Reed. "Well Now Lord Mr Ford I just wish that you could see what your Simple Horseless Carraige has become. Well it seems your contribution to man To say the least got a little out of hand. Well Lord Mr Ford What Have You Done?!"

#7 fullsizeblazin

fullsizeblazin

Screwed by Car Dealers

• Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Dirt and street. Spreading the truth about Stealerships
    Since the automotive industry killed my interest in cars,...

Life is hard. It's even Harder if you're stupid.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

its a pull type clutch,there is an access hole,on bottom of trans ,u release the throw out bearing,with a long screwdriver.....between the collar.....i do them in three hours.....training rocks.

as for saltbag. japs design the shit,to be fixed,split alt brackets,access panels..your talking shit! domestic shit was built by ,D students.....like yourself....

for example F-body fuel pump

3.4 DOHC alt

intakes, all GM,FORD and moturds ..

trans all domestic junk

200k on jap trans, the equal, of 30k ,on domestic greedy,junk...

I work on that Japanese garbage for a living, and salty is right. Unless you're a pussy with tiny ass hands, good luck doing anything on those piles of shit.

Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Subaru, Mitsubishi.. All pieces of shit. The south Korean shit is worse.

I will admit Hondas are the easiest, but they are far from great. I'd like to see these access panels you speak of. They don't exist.

At least domestic warranty paid OK.. Those Jap bastards don't pay shit to fix their garbage, so to hell with them all. I refuse to buy/drive anything from Japan. Overhyped/overrated scrap iron is all they are.

Who just had the biggest recalls in history? Oh yeah... TOYOTA. They even surpassed Ford!

Toyota: Moving forward... Even when you don't want to..

#8 meme

meme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

I work on that Japanese garbage for a living, and salty is right. Unless you're a pussy with tiny ass hands, good luck doing anything on those piles of shit.

Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Subaru, Mitsubishi.. All pieces of shit. The south Korean shit is worse.

I will admit Hondas are the easiest, but they are far from great. I'd like to see these access panels you speak of. They don't exist.

At least domestic warranty paid OK.. Those Jap bastards don't pay shit to fix their garbage, so to hell with them all. I refuse to buy/drive anything from Japan. Overhyped/overrated scrap iron is all they are.

Who just had the biggest recalls in history? Oh yeah... TOYOTA. They even surpassed Ford!

ignorance is BLISS! or so they say.....read above. very sad....D students,,,,,,my point has been proven,,,,,wink!

#9 meme

meme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

cant make money on ignorance,,,,training,,,,,know how it works , D students,,,,,,,,,easy

biggest bullshit recall,,,,,ford burns a house down,chevy same,,,,its politics,,,,,gezzzzzz! that fuckin slow?

go Japan....... true

you dont have to remove seat,on lexus,,,,,,,you just cant think outside the box,,,,your a dumbass monkey...true.

NEXT?

#10 fullsizeblazin

fullsizeblazin

Screwed by Car Dealers

• Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Dirt and street. Spreading the truth about Stealerships

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

cant make money on ignorance,,,,training,,,,,know how it works , D students,,,,,,,,,easy

biggest bullshit recall,,,,,ford burns a house down,chevy same,,,,its politics,,,,,gezzzzzz! that fuckin slow?

go Japan....... true

you dont have to remove seat,on lexus,,,,,,,you just cant think outside the box,,,,your a dumbass monkey...true.

NEXT?

Lol... "D" students you say... At least we can spell, form proper grammatical sentences, punctuate and properly use the English language..

Sounds like you're a battered butt boy of Jap warranty. There's counseling for that you know..

*Hugs and kisses*

#11 Saltmine

Saltmine

Advanced Member

• Inner Circle Member
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:08 AM

I don't think we should waste any more time & energy on this troll, guys. I ran a few of his posts through the NCIC computer and then did a Kelogg-Hines Grammar Analysis on it, and meme, comes back as a zit-faced, long hair, 17-year-old, nose-picker who's Father not only abused him,as a child, but is a minimum wage porter at a Toyota dealer. He's a lot like his Daddy, a turd burglar with violent tendencies that lives in a fantasy world made up of video game characters and has visions of himself being the "hero" of many FPS games....Even though he's never owned or held a firearm in his life. Get a life, meme (if that's what your real name is) and leave the professionals alone. We have SM's and SW's to start fights among us and piss us off, we don't need some know-it-all-kid poking around. Now, go learn to speak English and use a computer keyboard properly. And don't go opening your pork-trap here, unless you can show some respect (your profile says you won't)
Sam Will
Kingman, Arizona
Retired

#12 flat-rate-cash

flat-rate-cash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the input meme, the cluch i did was completly blown and the ring i had to release was damaged so that was most likely the problem and the 3 hrs would have been possible if i was able to release that i had it ready to pull out in 45-50 min untill i hit that brick wall As for the domestic vs. Import argument..... I stand at the point that they all break and i make sure to get extra time on anything that im aware of that will take extra effort past the labor guide. Either way i get f*cking paid(can we swear in here?) They're all metal and plastic and they all better break!

#13 meme

meme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

I don't think we should waste any more time & energy on this troll, guys. I ran a few of his posts through the NCIC computer and then did a Kelogg-Hines Grammar Analysis on it, and meme, comes back as a zit-faced, long hair, 17-year-old, nose-picker who's Father not only abused him,as a child, but is a minimum wage porter at a Toyota dealer. He's a lot like his Daddy, a turd burglar with violent tendencies that lives in a fantasy world made up of video game characters and has visions of himself being the "hero" of many FPS games....Even though he's never owned or held a firearm in his life. Get a life, meme (if that's what your real name is) and leave the professionals alone. We have SM's and SW's to start fights among us and piss us off, we don't need some know-it-all-kid poking around.

Now, go learn to speak English and use a computer keyboard properly. And don't go opening your pork-trap here, unless you can show some respect (your profile says you won't)

i like the dog , now spend some time ,with your wife................probably took you 12 days to find it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D STUDENT, i wouldnt let you in my house! for fear youll break stuff..............TRUE

#14 meme

meme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

Thanks for the input meme, the cluch i did was completly blown and the ring i had to release was damaged so that was most likely the problem and the 3 hrs would have been possible if i was able to release that i had it ready to pull out in 45-50 min untill i hit that brick wall

As for the domestic vs. Import argument..... I stand at the point that they all break and i make sure to get extra time on anything that im aware of that will take extra effort past the labor guide. Either way i get f*cking paid(can we swear in here?) They're all metal and plastic and they all better break!

yes ! cuss away! i have recon boy ,apply the pedal pressure, on lift,,,,,,that pressure,is just enough to realease the collar..

#15 meme

meme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Lol... "D" students you say... At least we can spell, form proper grammatical sentences, punctuate and properly use the English language..

Sounds like you're a battered butt boy of Jap warranty. There's counseling for that you know..

*Hugs and kisses*

im flatrate,ASSHAT! no time for grammer,,,dickchew! if you want? just for you, ill write you, a fuckin HALLMARK CARD, shitslammer,

#16 fullsizeblazin

fullsizeblazin

Screwed by Car Dealers

• Members
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

im flatrate,ASSHAT! no time for grammer,,,dickchew! if you want? just for you, ill write you, a fuckin HALLMARK CARD, shitslammer,

You mad bro?

#17 Saltmine

Saltmine

Advanced Member

• Inner Circle Member
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

My, but you're an arrogant little prick. And you sure are brave...hiding behind your computer screen (tho it's probably one of those queerpads that most of you cocksuckers value more than life itself. I'll bet you had to really get on a pout, and throw a real tantrum to get Mommie to buy it for you. Too bad I couldn't meet you face-to-face. I'd unscrew your pointy little head, and shit down your neck.
Sam Will
Kingman, Arizona
Retired

#18 fullsizeblazin

fullsizeblazin

Screwed by Car Dealers

• Members
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

My, but you're an arrogant little prick. And you sure are brave...hiding behind your computer screen (tho it's probably one of those queerpads that most of you cocksuckers value more than life itself. I'll bet you had to really get on a pout, and throw a real tantrum to get Mommie to buy it for you.

Too bad I couldn't meet you face-to-face. I'd unscrew your pointy little head, and shit down your neck.

You mean with insults like "dickchew" and "asshat", he is indeed the F student dildo dumbass douche (four letter word)?

Don't talk about shitting down his neck.. He'll get turned on.

#19 ok44

ok44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, antique motorcycles, industrial machinery, guns, fishing and outdoors, guitars and music, and all things related to aviation.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

I'm an ex-Japanese car mechanic and Meme is flat full of crap if he thinks that Japanese cars roll off of the assembly line with no defects and they all go a quarter million miles without ever raising the hood.

You think Ford or GM is the only one guilty of a problem that could potentially cause a fire? Do a net search on any Japanese car for any recalls or TSBss that may do the same thing.
Here's one of many for ya'.
http://blogs.interne...dels/index.html

We all know that Subaru has never had a problem with head gaskets, Honda has never had a problem with ignition switchs, main relays, and lighting, and so on. Not.

#20 meme

meme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

You mad bro?

never mad! just words, i bash domestics,you guys bash,imports......its all fair play.....to each his own..

it is what it is! nothing more.

good eve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users