• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jrcoppo

jrcoppo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

I have a audi a4 . codes out 2101 and 638, both refer to throttle range performance,   have replaced throttle body. cleared dtc"s relearned basic settings. runs fine. no problems, can drive all day all night,   in the morning when outside temp is  between 40-45 degrees (cold) start car codes back out same code 2101, has happened twice, when I go home from the steelership, at night. tempature between 64 to 68 degree, clear code, car starts fine, without even basic settings, relearn,  so I kinda ruled out ecu. have checked all pin connectors and wires between tbody and ecu. , there has to be another issue, I have no clue. have checked identi fix, and at dealership for any related tsb"s and found nothing. a couple of posts from some guys in europ having same issue, but no correction has been posted,  was wondering if any one has had this issue or similar with electronic throttle body,?

#2 fullsizeblazin

fullsizeblazin

Screwed by Car Dealers

• Members
  • 3,069 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Dirt and street. Spreading the truth about Stealerships
    Since the automotive industry killed my interest in cars,...

Life is hard. It's even Harder if you're stupid.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Are the battery cables clean and tight and the battery in good state of charge and condition?

#3 jrcoppo

jrcoppo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

yes, brand new factory battery, it originaly had corrosion on the fusible link feeding off the positive cable. replaced that and battery,  the car was having this issue when I got it, not sure what happen before , previouse owner thought it needed an ecu,,,,,,, but it does learn basic settings, I would think if ecu or that part of procssesor was bad it wouldn't run basic settings,,,,,,,talked to my buddy at gossette audi, he has never seen this before... kinda looking for next step. exhausted flow chart,,  just seen a few posts with no correction posted,,   gonna try putting old t body back on and reset basic settings, and see what happens.   the new one I got from world pac,   

#4 fullsizeblazin

fullsizeblazin

Screwed by Car Dealers

• Members
  • 3,069 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Dirt and street. Spreading the truth about Stealerships
    Since the automotive industry killed my interest in cars,...

Life is hard. It's even Harder if you're stupid.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

I bet there's a PCM flash to take care of it.

#5 Saltmine

Saltmine

Advanced Member

• Inner Circle Member
  • 4,583 posts
  • Interests:Drunken sky-diving record holder, unlicensed gynecologist, dirt shark wrangler,
    Submarine racer, collector of obscure, impossibly complex machines.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

I've heard about your "Lincoln Reflashes" Blazin'.......The Lincoln I'm referring to is a 225 Amp Lincoln welder

Sam Will
Senior Tech, Vehicle Maintenance
Mohave County Public Works
Kingman, Arizona
Retired

40 years of training....wasted.

#6 Karrpilot

Karrpilot

STAFF

• Staff
  • 6,173 posts
  • Interests:Ex Ford Tech 22 years.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

Yes, even if there isn't a specific TSB or a recall out there for a reflash, many times, a reflash will fix certain ills that are not mentioned anywhere.

Now the Lincoln welder reflash, I have seen done. One moron was too lazy to get and install the battery clamp capacitor tool made for this purpose. To weld on a vehicle and not blast out the electronics in the process. The other genius? Thought that just by disconnecting the battery cables themselves, would save him.

Both retards were wrong.

No longer working at dealerships. Government employee. Now i get paid to fix Fords.
ASE master tech
Private Pilot High Performance / Complex Rating.

#7 shotime2511

shotime2511

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

Any change the throttle is icing up? aftermarket intake or bypassed throttle coolant passages?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users