• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cooters94

Cooters94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

Our fleet has a bunch of shitty chargers, and we have had a rash of leaking fuel pumps lately. the pumps overheat and melt the connector under the back seat and allow fuel to leak out when the tank is full. dodge is aware of this issue as they have a re-engineered pump and harness update. i cant believe there hasnt been a recall over this yet. 

#2 Karrpilot

Karrpilot

STAFF

• Staff
  • 6,138 posts
  • Interests:Ex Ford Tech 22 years.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:13 PM

Looks like the pentastar of death strikes again. Are you guys running E-85 gas? If so, get ready for even more fun. When the exhaust valves start to pit and burn, or the valve guides wallow out..........

No longer working at dealerships. Government employee. Now i get paid to fix Fords.
ASE master tech
Private Pilot High Performance / Complex Rating.

#3 Cooters94

Cooters94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:56 AM

E85 is hard to come by around here (georgia) so the cars are just running regular fuel. they are eating camshafts at a rate of 1 to 2 per week to the dealer no joke. we always have 3 of our cars at the dodge dealer for warranty, thats the most the fleet manager wants up there. if the car can run ok just a little noise, we let the car go back on the road until a spot at the dealer opens up. most of these cars are about to be out of the 100k powertrain warranty so we are going to have our hands full here.

#4 Karrpilot

Karrpilot

STAFF

• Staff
  • 6,138 posts
  • Interests:Ex Ford Tech 22 years.

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:15 PM

From 2006-2010 we had those very same issues too with the camshafts. Seems like Mopar still hasn't fixed them, eh? When our last batch of Chargers went to auction, pretty much everyone was happy to see them go. But for some strange reason, we got a number of them in our last bid order. Why I do not know. It seems that just as soon as a Chrysler warranty expires, so does the vehicle.

You are lucky you don't run E-85. We do. Cat converters spit out p0420 and p0430 codes of death, fuel pumps die, and the connectors melt and swell up going in and out of the fuel pumps. Not too mention lower fuel economy and hard starting issues in cold weather.

Job security is pretty much guaranteed in the repair field regarding Chrysler.....

No longer working at dealerships. Government employee. Now i get paid to fix Fords.
ASE master tech
Private Pilot High Performance / Complex Rating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users