07 Camry "Maintenance Req'd" lamp on?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mblgjr

mblgjr

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:24 PM

EDIT: Found my own answer; but would still like to know what other than the suggested oil change intervals...what causes the light to come on. Thanks. Hello all, I know this is a simple answer but I'm away from the vehicle and can't handle it at the moment. How do you turn off the "Maint. Req'd" lamp on an '07 Camry? Stated that the lamp is on solid and that it normally comes on around the computer suggested oil change mileage interval. Are there any other causes that will make it illuminate? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 banjo

banjo

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:55 PM

None. The "maintenance required" light is linked solely to the odometer. It comes on solid every 5000 miles as an oil change reminder. it serves no other purpose.
ASE master Tec
Toyota Expert Tec
Hybrid Certified
Vintage British car Mechanic

#3 greg's garage

greg's garage

STAFF

• Staff
  • 2,235 posts
  • Interests:All motor sports ,
    Cars,beer,women,sex,
    and rock and roll

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:40 AM

1. Engine oil replacement MAINT reminder light reminds vehicle owner when to replace vehicle engine oil. MAINT reminder light will illuminate when ignition switch is turned to ON position and will go off after a few seconds.
2. After driving for about 4500 miles after last engine oil replacement, MAINT reminder light illuminates for about 3 seconds and then flashes for about 12 to 15 seconds when ignition switch is turned to ON position.
If driving continues for more than 5000 miles without changing engine oil, MAINT reminder light will come on when ignition switch is turned to ON position.
MAINT reminder light will remain on until engine oil is changed.
3. To reset MAINT reminder light after engine oil replacement,
turn ignition switch to OFF position with odometer reading showing. Turn ignition switch to ON position while holding down trip meter RESET button. On Camry, RESET button is located under tachometer. On Camry Solara, RESET button is located under speedometer. Hold trip meter RESET button down for at least 5 seconds. Odometer should indicate "000000", and MAINT reminder light goes out.
Indy shop owner!

LET US
GO FORWARD
TOGETHER
Winston Churchill

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Sir Winston Churchill

Life at its best, Dominican Republic.

With determination and will, you can do it.

#4 s14silviadrifter

s14silviadrifter

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:18 PM

1. Engine oil replacement MAINT reminder light reminds vehicle owner when to replace vehicle engine oil. MAINT reminder light will illuminate when ignition switch is turned to ON position and will go off after a few seconds.
2. After driving for about 4500 miles after last engine oil replacement, MAINT reminder light illuminates for about 3 seconds and then flashes for about 12 to 15 seconds when ignition switch is turned to ON position.
If driving continues for more than 5000 miles without changing engine oil, MAINT reminder light will come on when ignition switch is turned to ON position.
MAINT reminder light will remain on until engine oil is changed.
3. To reset MAINT reminder light after engine oil replacement,
turn ignition switch to OFF position with odometer reading showing. Turn ignition switch to ON position while holding down trip meter RESET button. On Camry, RESET button is located under tachometer. On Camry Solara, RESET button is located under speedometer. Hold trip meter RESET button down for at least 5 seconds. Odometer should indicate "000000", and MAINT reminder light goes out.

everything is good but you gotta do it on trip A on a camry

#5 n9emz

n9emz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Automobiles, sportbikes, wrenching, travel, reading, and leisure.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:39 AM

Reset works as stated by Greg's in the case of my '05 Camry LE 2.4L and '07 FJC.... neither will reset on trip odometer. I recently encountered DTC code P0031 bank 1 sensor 1; replaced A/F sensor with new Denso part #234-9041. This is at 77.2K miles. Cleared codes and MIL stayed out about 30 seconds and relit. Ran codes again with an Actron CP9175 reader/scanner and got another P0031 DTC. Switched to a MAC ET9620 and got "Battery Volts 11.75" and "sensor heater Circuit low" with no DTC. I've replaced the battery (6 years old and Winter dragging starter anyhow) and now have static 12.8 Volts. Heater Circuit is 9.2V with engine not running with sensor resistance of 1 Ohm. Don't have access to scanner until tomorrow to check/reset, but have about decided I have an EFI relay and/or wiring problem that I can't locate. Additionally, I've done the battery ECU reset and pulled the ECU-IG fuse to no avail. Hell, I haven't even located the relay yet and haven't found the location in a search. Any input/suggestions appreciated and regards.
-Sam-

Stock Sleeper-equipped '02 Super Duty PSD 4x4 w/ZF-6 & 3.73s
'13 F-150 Scab STX
'13 Camry LE
'07 H-D VRSCAW

#6 von schlieffen

von schlieffen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:32 PM

I've been with Toyota for some years now and I have NEVER seen this code be anything other than the sensor itself. Where are you measuring 9.2V and relative to what ground? Also where and when are you measuring the heater resistance? The resistance value changes with temperature. Also, the aftermarket sensors that parts stores have usually don't work- they list standard narrowband O2s for many applications that actually require an A/F. Nearly every Toyota after around 97 uses air-fuel sensors. I know you said it's a Denso but still, it could be the wrong sensor.

#7 n9emz

n9emz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Automobiles, sportbikes, wrenching, travel, reading, and leisure.

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

Part was purchased from local Toyota dealer, visually identical to original factory part, and I've checked the number at numerous Toyota parts and the Denso sites. As for test points, I tried to follow instructions from a FSM page pulled down from the web. Ground was the exhaust manifold. I used to use plug n play Bosch sensors with my other vehicles and no problems, but nothing on the Camrys, Tacomas, and FJC but factory replacement parts. I have a 650 rpm rough idle until warm-up and smooth as glass at 750 rpm after warm-up. I've run a half of tank of gas with no noticeable difference in fuel mileage. I'm waiting on delivery of a reader/scanner of my own to get a third "opinion" of the problem and provides more info on repair possibilities before I proceed any further. I've needed one anyhow as I'm keeping these vehicles until the wheels fall off. I've about reached the end of my rope and I've yet to locate the EFI relay in the PCM. I may have to end up taking the Camry to the dealer I purchased the car from....good folks there. Right now I don't have time to make a 140 mile round trip. Thanks.
-Sam-

Stock Sleeper-equipped '02 Super Duty PSD 4x4 w/ZF-6 & 3.73s
'13 F-150 Scab STX
'13 Camry LE
'07 H-D VRSCAW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users