Working for TOYOTA

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 toyodagreg

toyodagreg

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Toyota is just copying FMC's play book. Ever wonder why all of their assembly plants are in non union, right to work, (for less) states? So that Toyota will make the money, and not you.

I have heard of them hiring in people at good wages, and then freezing said wages. Where is one to go anywhere else to make a paycheck when they are down in the sticks? That and being very stingy with what, if any, benefits are offered.

Now working for a Toyota dealership, who knows about that. But from what i do know is Toyota has a free maintenence care for 2 years after a sucker buys one. And we all know how that works. After the free shit stops, so do the customers.

well, they pay .5 for an oil change, tire rotation and they expect you to do a full vehicle inspection with it. measure brakes, check all fluids, lights filters and even test the battery. Then when the 25k service is done with, time for the big 30k maintenance, customers say screw you im not paying that much, il take a 30 dollar oil change. BTW while you have it in the air, there is a noise while i drive at 100mph and taking a sharp right turn with the radio at 20 and on the phone through bluetooth. can you look at it for free please. Oh and they gotten so cheap about it that they don't recommend cabin filters every 15k miles just so that they dont have to pay for replacement at 15k miles with the free maintenance. They still use the same exact filters, just doubled the life of them. "Blow out cabin filter:" Makes total sense.

#22 fullsizeblazin

fullsizeblazin

Screwed by Car Dealers

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Dirt and street. Spreading the truth about Stealerships
    Since the automotive industry killed my interest in cars,...

Life is hard. It's even Harder if you're stupid.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

well, they pay .5 for an oil change, tire rotation and they expect you to do a full vehicle inspection with it. measure brakes, check all fluids, lights filters and even test the battery. Then when the 25k service is done with, time for the big 30k maintenance, customers say screw you im not paying that much, il take a 30 dollar oil change. BTW while you have it in the air, there is a noise while i drive at 100mph and taking a sharp right turn with the radio at 20 and on the phone through bluetooth. can you look at it for free please. Oh and they gotten so cheap about it that they don't recommend cabin filters every 15k miles just so that they dont have to pay for replacement at 15k miles with the free maintenance. They still use the same exact filters, just doubled the life of them. "Blow out cabin filter:" Makes total sense.

When I get those smart ass 100+mph complaints, I finish the RO out and say,

Could not legally duplicate customers concern. Drove at legal limit of 65mph and no noise was present. Vehicle is not being driven under normal operating conditions and any issues at illegal speeds aren't warrantable and will void warranty.
Advise customer to obey traffic laws to prevent concerns. No problem found at this time.

But we get a 0.5 for a LOF/rotate/inspect too.

Mark the green boxes like this

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

No gaps just one solid line.. Or if its a new car, (four letter word) with the writer and mark it all red.

#23 toyodagreg

toyodagreg

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

thats a good plan. We use the computerized inspection forms so it automatically selects green for you. You just have to put in tire pressures, tread depths and brake measurements.

#24 fullsizeblazin

fullsizeblazin

Screwed by Car Dealers

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Dirt and street. Spreading the truth about Stealerships
    Since the automotive industry killed my interest in cars,...

Life is hard. It's even Harder if you're stupid.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

thats a good plan. We use the computerized inspection forms so it automatically selects green for you. You just have to put in tire pressures, tread depths and brake measurements.

Pencil whip that shit!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users