Photo

2009 Rogue. Bumping into the rev / speed limiter?

AWD 50 MPH winds

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Saltmine

Saltmine

Advanced Member

• Inner Circle Member
  • 4,583 posts
  • Interests:Drunken sky-diving record holder, unlicensed gynecologist, dirt shark wrangler,
    Submarine racer, collector of obscure, impossibly complex machines.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

Any trip lasting longer than one tank of gas is really pushing the envelope on most Jap cars...especially the newer ones. A good friend of mine just inherited a 2009 Chevy Cobalt. They ordered the parts for the ignition recall, and ended up driving all over the Western US to visit relatives....Strange, the ignition never turned itself off once, it didn't crash and nobody got killed. Carouser and Carouser, Alice... Of course their old ride, a "Cash-For-Clunkers" poster child, '96 Ford Exploder, would have been hard pressed to make it into town (25miles) and back.

Sam Will
Senior Tech, Vehicle Maintenance
Mohave County Public Works
Kingman, Arizona
Retired

40 years of training....wasted.

#22 Karrpilot

Karrpilot

STAFF

• Staff
  • 6,113 posts
  • Interests:Ex Ford Tech 22 years.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

An update and good news. Just returned from a long distance trip from Colorado into Wyoming and back, via said vehicle. No issues. Went into some pretty stiff winds, up and down the mountains, and it didn't cough once.

We will call this thing fixed. With the exception of the windshield. Caught a rock and cracked it behind a gravel truck………...

No longer working at dealerships. Government employee. Now i get paid to fix Fords.
ASE master tech
Private Pilot High Performance / Complex Rating.

#23 ok44

ok44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, antique motorcycles, industrial machinery, guns, fishing and outdoors, guitars and music, and all things related to aviation.

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:31 PM

I thought the Japanese always had the mechanical bases covered and a problem never rolled off the assembly line...................   :-)

Those rock haulers are a big problem around here. The highway is littered with rocks from trucks hauling that stuff to the wind farms, oil rigs, and so on.

#24 Karrpilot

Karrpilot

STAFF

• Staff
  • 6,113 posts
  • Interests:Ex Ford Tech 22 years.

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

Can anyone give me the maintenance interval on the trans fluid change out? And if there is a filter involved? Seems mother unit is getting the run around now from the clowns that just did her TSB. Image that?

She has 45 K on the clock.

No longer working at dealerships. Government employee. Now i get paid to fix Fords.
ASE master tech
Private Pilot High Performance / Complex Rating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users