2002 Sequoia: Bog, Slip Light

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bgott

bgott

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:12 PM

Howdy! I'm having a problem with an '02 Toyota Sequoia. 160k. No codes, no obvious engine malfunctions. When you accelerate from a stop the truck bogs and the slip light flashes. This does not happen all the time but it happens most of the time. If you hit the "Trac Off" button and kill the system the truck accelerates normally. The system resets each time you use the "Trac Off" so you would have to reset it each time you came to a stop so it isn't a viable option to leave it cut off. Does anybody have any ideas or experience on this system?

#2 von schlieffen

von schlieffen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

Howdy! I'm having a problem with an '02 Toyota Sequoia. 160k. No codes, no obvious engine malfunctions. When you accelerate from a stop the truck bogs and the slip light flashes. This does not happen all the time but it happens most of the time. If you hit the "Trac Off" button and kill the system the truck accelerates normally. The system resets each time you use the "Trac Off" so you would have to reset it each time you came to a stop so it isn't a viable option to leave it cut off. Does anybody have any ideas or experience on this system?

Sounds like a wheel speed sensor is sending erroneous data. Need to see the data list while it's happening to diagnose. Could be as simple as a piece of rust on the tone ring.

#3 bgott

bgott

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

Sounds like a wheel speed sensor is sending erroneous data. Need to see the data list while it's happening to diagnose. Could be as simple as a piece of rust on the tone ring.

Thanks for the reply! I had replaced a wheel speed sensor before trying to diagnose this problem and there was a bunch of rust in the rear axle where the sensor goes. If the car comes back I'll give the rest of the sensors a closer look.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users