• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LTD

LTD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

A couple of weeks ago my sisters 2001, Honda Oddity minivan illuminated its MIL while in the middle of travel to family holiday gathering. I got a transmission code read locally, since the nearest Honda dealer was 40+ miles away and called her dealer. The more local Honda shop drove it and told us it would probably make the 5 h trip home and it, thankfully, did. The transmission problems in Hondas of this vintage are apparently well-known and her dealer did not hesitate to replace the transmission. My question today is, do you guys know if the transmissions are being replaced with the same old stuff, or are they being replaced with something with a modified design that is more robust? Anyone know details? If nobody knows, can someone suggest a good Honda board where it would pay to ask?

#2 joec44

joec44

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:37 AM

A couple of weeks ago my sisters 2001, Honda Oddity minivan illuminated its MIL while in the middle of travel to family holiday gathering. I got a transmission code read locally, since the nearest Honda dealer was 40+ miles away and called her dealer. The more local Honda shop drove it and told us it would probably make the 5 h trip home and it, thankfully, did. The transmission problems in Hondas of this vintage are apparently well-known and her dealer did not hesitate to replace the transmission.

My question today is, do you guys know if the transmissions are being replaced with the same old stuff, or are they being replaced with something with a modified design that is more robust? Anyone know details? If nobody knows, can someone suggest a good Honda board where it would pay to ask?

#3 joec44

joec44

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:38 AM

Each trans. is built by fact. using the VIN for all needed updates so we are told

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users