2002 Audi A4

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dennis Weatherman_*

Guest_Dennis Weatherman_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:26 PM

Haven't had my eyes on this one yet, my youngest daughters' car. So far the fuel and temp guage read zero/empty, warning lights are flashing and beeping, she says it takes 10-15 minutes to start it. Apparently it started as intermittent, now it happens all the time. Looking for insight or common problems if anyone has ideas. She did tell me, in pleading, tear-eyed honesty, she will never buy an Audi again :( Music to my ears......raise 'em right, give what they need and sometimes they still won't listen to the "old man" and his advice!! :lol: May be a great car to drive, but when you start getting into repairs look out!! :unsure:

#2 Aurora

Aurora

Volvo Moderator

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 05:36 PM

Disconnect and reconnect the battery after about a minute or 2, it sounds as if the CAN system went down.
6 year Volvo Master Tech
Volvo Semi Finalist Vista Program

I buy old Aurora Slot Cars from the 60's and early 70's
(hence the name Aurora) if ya got-um I buy-um

#3 Guest_Dennis Weatherman_*

Guest_Dennis Weatherman_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:54 PM

Disconnect and reconnect the battery after about a minute or 2, it sounds as if the CAN system went down.

Oh. great, in that case it won't be much different that the OTHER daughters Durango that locks up the BCM......................Thanks for the input.

#4 Kopunch

Kopunch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 11:12 AM

to add to this connect the positive and negative battery terminal to discharge the system, called capacitive discharge. Fixes alot of wierd ones.
Adversity is the greatest fuel determination ever had!

#5 greg's garage

greg's garage

STAFF

• Staff
  • 2,235 posts
  • Interests:All motor sports ,
    Cars,beer,women,sex,
    and rock and roll

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

Dennis did you ever find the fix for this problem?
Indy shop owner!

LET US
GO FORWARD
TOGETHER
Winston Churchill

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Sir Winston Churchill

Life at its best, Dominican Republic.

With determination and will, you can do it.

#6 elec tech

elec tech

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

Ignition switches are pretty common. There not bad cars once you know them but to know them is to forget about all of the other cars on the road.

#7 RingTech

RingTech

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:39 PM

Haven't had my eyes on this one yet, my youngest daughters' car. So far the fuel and temp guage read zero/empty, warning lights are flashing and beeping, she says it takes 10-15 minutes to start it. Apparently it started as intermittent, now it happens all the time.

Looking for insight or common problems if anyone has ideas.

She did tell me, in pleading, tear-eyed honesty, she will never buy an Audi again :(

Music to my ears......raise 'em right, give what they need and sometimes they still won't listen to the "old man" and his advice!! :lol:

May be a great car to drive, but when you start getting into repairs look out!! :unsure:

My best guess is that it needs an instrument cluster => $1300

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users