1 reply to this topic

#1 downdrafttube

downdrafttube

Advanced Member

• Inner Circle Member
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:wood working, gardening, old movies

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:19 PM

Well age finally caught up to me , after 3 and 1/2 years of working with pinched nerves and chronic pain in my right leg and foot I pulled the switch and retired. Iam trying to get SS disability. My last day at Ford was September 8 2017. I dont miss it one damm bit .
Ford Master tech
A.S.E. Master cert
MACS cert
A.S.E Parts cert tech

#2 Karrpilot

Karrpilot

STAFF

• Staff
  • 6,173 posts
  • Interests:Ex Ford Tech 22 years.

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:07 PM

I still have at least another 10 years to go. I don't know what will take me out first. The horrible drivers out there, or if my body will decide to call it quits. Either way, I do try to stay safe, do my best, and make it home at the end of the day. With all my body parts intact.

I don't miss Ford either. I see what little they pay, the hoops that they make the techs jump through, and the hours that have to be put in. I haven't done a free multi point inspection, or put in an estimate in over 10 years. Along with any telephone calls to the hotline, e-mail pictures, or a cost cap analysis. I look the vehicle over, if it needs too much work, said work either gets done, or the vehicle gets decommissioned, and sent to auction.

No longer working at dealerships. Government employee. Now i get paid to fix Fords.
ASE master tech
Private Pilot High Performance / Complex Rating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users