• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lortech

lortech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:59 AM

Called mac today. Thay do not carry it. Snapon carries it, but he is on hollidays. Who else would carry it? It is for the serpintine pulley. I have never seen a bolt like this before. It is not your typical 6 flat sided bolt. It is tapered at the head and has groves in it. Thanks

#2 Beard

Beard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, bicycling and motorcycle building

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:01 PM

Any parts retailer that carries Lisle Tools should have one. NAPA would be a great place to start.

CRIME CONTROL, NOT GUN CONTROL!!

Any Duramax diesel questions? Ask me I may have an answer

ASE Master

GM / Duramax Master

Associates in Business Management

Associates in Advanced Automotive Technology

#3 lortech

lortech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:55 AM

Just looked though the entire lisle catalog and did not see it listed. Perhaps thay do not carry it anymore? Not to essential to have it at this moment. The owner is on vacation in another part of canada and will be back in a few weeks.

Any parts retailer that carries Lisle Tools should have one. NAPA would be a great place to start.

#4 von schlieffen

von schlieffen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

Just looked though the entire lisle catalog and did not see it listed. Perhaps thay do not carry it anymore? Not to essential to have it at this moment. The owner is on vacation in another part of canada and will be back in a few weeks.

That's because the tensioner pulley is a non-servicable part. The entire tensioner plate, including the pulley, the "shock", and the pivot bushing need to be replaced as an assembly. They used that bolt (looks like an e-torx but it's not) so you wouldn't try to do otherwise.

#5 lortech

lortech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

Actually that is not entirly true. Napa carries the pulley. Snapon carries the special bolt. Its just another way for the mfg to make more money off there parts and, there really is no valid excuse why a pully cannot be replaced if the berrings are getting a little dry.

Once the customer is back from vacation, consider just cutting off the bolt head and put a standard hex bolt in its place.

That's because the tensioner pulley is a non-servicable part. The entire tensioner plate, including the pulley, the "shock", and the pivot bushing need to be replaced as an assembly. They used that bolt (looks like an e-torx but it's not) so you wouldn't try to do otherwise.

#6 von schlieffen

von schlieffen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

Actually that is not entirly true. Napa carries the pulley. Snapon carries the special bolt. Its just another way for the mfg to make more money off there parts and, there really is no valid excuse why a pully cannot be replaced if the berrings are getting a little dry.

Once the customer is back from vacation, consider just cutting off the bolt head and put a standard hex bolt in its place.

I stand corrected, I had no idea there was an aftermarket pulley available. I work at the toy dealer and we only have the entire assembly available to us.

#7 lortech

lortech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

Snapon or mac have that special socket.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users