• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 regal

regal

Advanced Member

• Inner Circle Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

It appears that the rear camber on the left rear wheel is out on the Negative side (Negative Camber) as I view it from the rear of the vehicle. Is there an adjustment on it and how would I do it? It is still under warranty. Would this be covered under 3/36 or is it my responsibility to fix? The right rear looks OK.

#2 fullsizeblazin

fullsizeblazin

Screwed by Car Dealers

• Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Dirt and street. Spreading the truth about Stealerships
    Since the automotive industry killed my interest in cars,...

Life is hard. It's even Harder if you're stupid.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

It appears that the rear camber on the left rear wheel is out on the Negative side (Negative Camber) as I view it from the rear of the vehicle. Is there an adjustment on it and how would I do it? It is still under warranty. Would this be covered under 3/36 or is it my responsibility to fix? The right rear looks OK.

Doesn't the Fit have a solid rear axle?

#3 regal

regal

Advanced Member

• Inner Circle Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

It has free wheeling independent rear wheels.

#4 Karrpilot

Karrpilot

STAFF

• Staff
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:Ex Ford Tech 22 years.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Myself, i would put a call into Honda before i wrenched a vehicle still under warranty. We do that with our fleet all the time. You would be surprised at how many hidden programs are out there that cover weird stuff.

No longer working at dealerships. Government employee. Now i get paid to fix Fords.
ASE master tech
Private Pilot High Performance / Complex Rating.

#5 von schlieffen

von schlieffen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Just don't mention that curb you hit.

Old thread, I know. By now they told him, "no, we can't help you, because a bent control arm is not a warranty issue"...

Who am I kidding. They told him, sure, we'll fix it for you under warranty, all it costs us is the part plus 0.2 for the tech!

#6 daxr

daxr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

I suppose this is an old one, but the Fit uses a dead axle - no adjustments, and to screw up the camber it would have to be bent, while to bring it into spec you'd have to replace the axle. I have to say, even after 25 years of doing wheel alignments, I wouldn't rely on my own eyes to judge whether camber is in spec or not.

I imagine you had it measured and it was ok. There are plenty of cars on the road roll off the assembly line with 1 to 2 degrees of negative camber on the back, which helps with cornering and doesn't usually cause excessive tire wear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users