• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 can-am

can-am

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 05:18 PM

Seems like I`m getting all the good ones lately. The codes are:PO100-MAF or VAF circuit malfunctionPO135-O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction, Bank 1 sensor 1PO140- O2 sensor circuit no activity. Bank 1 sensor 2PO300-Multiple cyl. misfirePO732-Gear 2 incorrect ratioPO733-Gear 3 incorrect ratioCar starts and idles for about 15 seconds and then starts skipping terrible. On the road you have to keep working the gas to keep it running. Do you think the MAF sensor is the one causing all the other codes because of the way car is running?Thanks, Joe

#2 greg's garage

greg's garage

STAFF

• Staff
  • 2,235 posts
  • Interests:All motor sports ,
    Cars,beer,women,sex,
    and rock and roll

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:00 PM

Seems like I`m getting all the good ones lately. The codes are: PO100-MAF or VAF circuit malfunction PO135-O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction, Bank 1 sensor 1 PO140- O2 sensor circuit no activity. Bank 1 sensor 2 PO300-Multiple cyl. misfire PO732-Gear 2 incorrect ratio PO733-Gear 3 incorrect ratio Car starts and idles for about 15 seconds and then starts skipping terrible. On the road you have to keep working the gas to keep it running. Do you think the MAF sensor is the one causing all the other codes because of the way car is running? Thanks, Joe

Joe record the codes and clear , Take car out on a test drive and drive your needed cycles and collect codes . Car could of been in another shop that had pulled some sensors and messed all the codes up, thats what i do . Then work with the first code that comes up Greg. :)
Indy shop owner!

LET US
GO FORWARD
TOGETHER
Winston Churchill

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Sir Winston Churchill

Life at its best, Dominican Republic.

With determination and will, you can do it.

#3 can-am

can-am

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:06 PM

Will try that. Thanks Greg.

#4 dnaplus2

dnaplus2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:19 PM

Joe record the codes and clear , Take car out on a test drive and drive your needed cycles and collect codes . Car could of been in another shop that had pulled some sensors and messed all the codes up, thats what i do . Then work with the first code that comes up Greg. :)

Good advice Greg, I always clear multiple codes and see what comes back before I begin diagnostic testing. can-am: The MAF shouldn't cause circuit or inactivity codes with your O2's, and definitely not the 732/733 codes.
Beware of the tech with one scantool...

...He probably knows how to use it

#5 Aurora

Aurora

Volvo Moderator

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:23 AM

looks like a lean condition with misfire and o2 codes? check you load signal from the MAF sensor. Its possible the 02 sensor got burned out from a lean condition. there is also a recall on the crank position sensor from 2001 looking at alldata, dont think its related but wanted to mention it.just to add to what others posted, record the freeze frame data before clearing, these are the conditions the car would most likely have been driven at when the first code was set.
6 year Volvo Master Tech
Volvo Semi Finalist Vista Program

I buy old Aurora Slot Cars from the 60's and early 70's
(hence the name Aurora) if ya got-um I buy-um

#6 freds678

freds678

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

Shorted O2 can screw with VREF, verify at MAF by backprobing with engine running. Do what the others say first, then inspect your harness.
The early bird gets the worm, but, the second rat gets the cheese.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users