• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HarryVanderpool

HarryVanderpool

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:10 PM

New 2016 Ford F-550 with 800 miles.

Driving down the highway and got an error message, "Check Brake syatem".

Also, the e-brake light, traction control light and ABS light stayed on.

I checked the e-brake and reset the error message but the indicator lights remained on.

Pulled over and shut off the engine, restarted and all was fine for the rest of the trip.

What happened?

Encoder blip?

#2 Karrpilot

Karrpilot

STAFF

• Staff
  • 6,153 posts
  • Interests:Ex Ford Tech 22 years.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:38 PM

I did a look see into the Ford site, and there were no SSM's or TSB's for brake issues on the 2016 F-550's. However, to be more specific, I would need your actual VIN to go any further.

An armchair guess on my part was that this vehicle more than likely sat on the lot for a long time prior to getting sold. Lot rot and rust could have / should have burnt off the krusties during that 800 mile trip. One would hope..........

When I bought my car, the first thing I did was look through the wheels to the vehicles sitting on the lot. Just about every one of them had rotors full of rust. This is a good indication of a dealer. Sitting vehicles, usually means said dealer won't deal, and has a bad reputation.

No longer working at dealerships. Government employee. Now i get paid to fix Fords.
ASE master tech
Private Pilot High Performance / Complex Rating.

#3 HarryVanderpool

HarryVanderpool

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:13 AM

Actually, I set down and wrote up a build sheet and got every bell and whistle that I ordered straight out of the Kentucky truck plant 6 weeks later.

But you confirmed my suspicions.

I had not driven the truck for  over a month and the weather has been wet and NASTY!

Thanks for looking into the TSBs.

That was what I wanted to know.

:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users